Experience: 0-1 Years Years Sector: General Accounting
A+F Recruitment are recruiting a Billing Secretary for our client based in Dublin!
This is a part time role, 4 days per week, Tuesday – Friday, offering flexible hybrid/remote working for a 12 month contract.
The Billing Secretary will be responsible for monthly billing for the fee-earners based in the Dublin office and will ensure the accurate and efficient production of documentation and dispatch of invoices in line with the firm’s stated standards and deadlines.
Abilities and desired qualities:
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Attention to detail – a high level of accuracy is essential
- Ability to manage a busy workload
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Team player and enthusiastic
- Professional in conduct
- Ability to adapt to ongoing changes in the billing process
- Proficient IT skills – Office 365, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint systems, although full in-house training will be provided
- Previous experience using financial software such as Elite and client e-billing platforms such as (Legal Tracker) helpful but not essential
- Good grammatical English and mathematical skills
- Monthly billing duties including generation of bill proformas using firm’s billing platform. This process involves liaising with fee-earners, UK based colleagues and the Finance team to ensure accurate amounts, appropriate PO numbers and other amendments, before finalising and issuing to client or through other methods requested by clients such as client e-billing platforms
- Assist the London-based Credit Control team with follow-up with Dublin office clients for payment of unpaid invoices
- New client/matter file opening and client inception (including use of the firm’s online tool to generate client/matter numbers, including collation of client identification and due diligence information)
- Collation of invoices received from foreign law firms for sub-contracted advice, completion of Payment Request forms for these services (incl Partner sign-off) and passing these to the London-based Finance team for processing
- Collation of invoices received from local Dublin suppliers for locally sourced services (cleaning, utilities etc), obtain Partner approval, completion of Payment Request forms for these services (incl Partner sign-off) and passing these to the UK-based Finance team for processing
- Liaison with the London-based Finance team re client funds received by Dublin branch, including completion of receipt forms
- Managing the petty cash float for the Office and providing the London-based Finance team with regular expenditure summaries
- Other occasional duties related to finance matters as required
- Assisting with any secretarial overflow or holiday/sickness cover
Apply today to take the first step in exploring this opportunity further!