Experience: 7-9 Years Years Sector: Industry Accounting
This a superb opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller or Finance Manager to step up up to a CFO position with a leading telecoms organisation in Bermuda. You will join an existing and well established finance team and will work closely with the CEO and board of directors. You will have overall responsibility for the Company’s Accounting and Financial Reporting functions, Financial Planning and Analytics group, as well as Accounts Payable and Collections teams. You will also have oversight over the companies subsidiary’s financial function and a shared service accounting team based in the USA.
The CFO will be instrumental in developing and executing the company’s short and long term strategies, will have overarching responsibility for monthly and ad hoc performance management reports and metrics, and will act as primary liaison for the external and internal auditors for the Group. Additionally, the CFO will provide financial support for the development of existing and new services and products; areas of expansion for the group operations and financial controls and procedures for the Group.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review and oversee the preparation of monthly financial statements in accordance with US GAAP, including performance measurement statements against budget, key performance indicators and previous fiscal year(s) and preparing detailed accompanying commentary.
- Review and oversee the preparation of automated daily metrics and a monthly business metrics package
- Co-ordinate preparation of subsidiary annual operating and capital budgets in support of the Group’s operating plans, including quarterly forecasts, cash flow forecasts, capital allocation planning, debt planning, dividend policy and treasury function.
- Co-ordinate preparation of annual 5 year strategic planning forecasts for the business and execute the Company’s financial strategy.
- Under the direction of the CEO, provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the Group such as evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions and/or mergers, pension funds and investments, including the preparation and review of comprehensive business case models.
- Own the Company’s board relationship including preparing Quarterly Financial Board Packs, presented to the Board during meetings
- Ensure finance systems, policies and procedures are in place that improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Group of Companies
- Oversee the internal audit process, including preparation and review of all monthly, quarterly and annual SOX controls, with overall responsibility of maintaining no or very few deficiencies throughout the year.
- Manage the Group’s annual external audit process, including the preparation of year-end schedules, and financial statements.
- Manage and oversee the implementation of internal audit recommendations and SOX compliance.
- Manage the financial relationship with the Regulatory Authority, including preparation, analysis and audit of proposed “By Product” accounting.
- Any other duties which may be required.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Internationally recognized accounting designation i.e. CA, CPA or equivalent.
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) would be an asset but not required.
- A minimum of 7 years post qualification work experience that includes a minimum of 5 years presenting financial and performance reporting, budgeting and forecasting at board-level, preferably obtained in the telecommunications field.
- Strong previous experience reporting in US GAAP accounting standards and responsibility of public SOC audit compliance.
- Working knowledge of enterprise accounting systems, experience in the development and maintenance of management costing systems and a strong working knowledge of General Ledger systems.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions and investor relations highly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to effectively time manage and multitask responsibilities
- Demonstrable project management and leadership skills with the ability to delegate, motivate and inspire team members
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
For more information on this opportunity, please get in touch by email to [email protected]
You may be interest in…
FP&A Manager – Contract – Dublin South
|€70000 - €75000||learn more|
AVP – Manage and Administer ABCP – Banking London
|£50000 - £55000||learn more|
Interim Financial Controller
|€80000 - €90000||learn more|
Interim Finance Manager
|€28000 - €30000||learn more|
Private Equity Consultant
|€60000 - €70000||learn more|