Experience: 3-5 Years Years Sector: Corporate Finance
If you have a head for financial strategy & analysis and a passion for the transition to a Net Zero carbon future, then this is a marriage made in heaven!
Reporting to the Asset Development Financial Analysis Manager, this positions involves investment strategy analysis, financial modelling of specific projects and providing support on various financial issues on an ad-hoc basis. Finance Commercial Analysts work across a range of technologies, including onshore and offshore wind, solar, Hydrogen, battery storage, renewable enabling technology and associated renewable and flexible generation projects to support the transition to Net Zero.
- Manage the financial models for capital investment projects including update and maintenance of the financial models as these projects move through key milestones. Prepare scenarios and sensitivity analysis in conjunction with the project team. Communicate the results of this analysis and provide insights to support decision making at project and senior management level
- Support the development and maintenance of a robust financial modelling framework to assist in the assessment of new business opportunities and for the analysis of the performance of existing assets
- Review and challenge of investment proposals for new and existing projects or business initiatives to ensure a sound commercial basis for undertaking such opportunities
- Working with project teams to develop and optimise business case models to participate in energy/renewable market auctions
- Assist business managers in forecasting, validation and update of business financial plans
- Work with external advisors as required and assist in modelling the impact on the Group balance sheet of longer-term financial flexibility options
- Performing analysis of share purchase agreements and other transactional documents as required
- Identification of relevant tax, accounting and risk management issues, and working with specialists within those areas to support robust financial modelling
- Monitoring technical / financial developments and advising on their impact on financial forecasts or investments for Asset Development
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a simialr role
- A recognised professional accounting qualification/ Other Business Qualification plus 2 years post qualification experience or equivalent relevant work experience is essential.
- Transaction services, financial modelling/strong excel skills or other similar experience would be beneficial.
- Strong analysis and financial modelling skills.
- Good business writing, communications, interpersonal and presentation skills with strong IT skills.
- A commercial mind set with strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Commercial judgement.
You may be interest in…
Finance Systems Manager
Interim Financial Controller
|€80000 - €90000||learn more|
Finance Technology Solutions Lead (Senior Analyst) – Westport/ Remote
|€75000 - €85000||learn more|
Qualified Accountant -FP&A – Utilities
|€67000 - €77000||learn more|
Project Specialist – Finance change
M&A Analyst – Paris
|€55000 - €65000||learn more|
Grade VII Financial Analyst
|€50000 - €65000||learn more|