Experience: 3-5 Years Years Sector: Financial Planning and Analysis
My client, a well known Irish brand, is in a rapid growth phase and to support this ambitious growth, they are seeking to onboard a Finance Analyst/Cost Accountant who will support the payment and reporting process for the Group Design and Developments department. This role will form part of the Group Design and Developments team and reports to the Head of Group Developments. The successful candidate will be a confident people person who can fit into the growing team and adopt a hands-on approach to their role.
- Oversee the payment process for the wider team to operate to in multiple jurisdictions (IRE, UK & USA).
- Perform Monthly Reporting (BRM) to track actual project spend, forecast spend and compare how projects are tracking vs budget.
- Provide cashflow forecasts and liaise with treasury department.
- Review of Fixed Assets GL’s monthly for Group Development projects to ensure accurate reporting for project spend.
- Perform cost analysis on projects when required.
- Perform analysis of investment case appraisals post project completion.
- Liaise with each of the project Manager’s to capture updated project timelines and update project risk registers.
- Liaise with other stakeholders and departments of the business to ensure timely completion of financial reports.
- Ad-hoc projects as required.
Qualifications, experience & skills
- At least 5 years of work experience in a finance or accounting role
- Qualified or Part-qualified accountant, close to completion of a professional accountancy qualification.
- Business analyst or similar financial reporting experience
- Understanding of capital expenditure and large scale capital projects
- High proficiency in all Microsoft Office software also essential (Excel, PPT)
- SAP experience beneficial
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Additional key skills & attributes:
- A dynamic individual who adapts well to change and can thrive in a rapidly growing organisation that continues to evolve.
- Proven track record of delivering to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong analytical capability to interpret and challenge data and to interrogate financial systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and ability to engage and develop relationships with individuals at all levels of the organisation.
- A highly organised individual with ability to plan and prioritise workloads effectively for maximum impact and adapt around changing priorities as required.
- Ability to execute directly at high quality and pace.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and a positive solution focused mindset.
- Has strong commercial acumen and a focus on delivering value to the business.
- Be a self-starter, and also be able to work collaboratively as a member of a highly interdependent team across many parts of Applegreen.
- Is resilient and calm under pressure.
- Has sound judgement and objective logical decision-making skills.
Corporate Finance and Accounting
You may be interest in…
Commercial Finance & Data Analyst
|€55000 - €65000||learn more|
Commercial Finance Analyst – Newly Qual ACA
|€55000 - €60000||learn more|