Experience: 5-7 Years Years Sector: Business Analyst
The Financial Business Analyst will work as part of the Data Analytics team and report to the Head of Data & Analytics.
This person will be core to the business, somebody who can think outside the box and lead recommendations in the business and to key stakeholders.
You will be involved in complex business analytics, financial modelling, cash flow forecasting, NPV modelling. You will need strong financial analysis skills coupled with expert data analysis experience.
Duties & Responisbilities:
- Perform financial valuations and performance analysis on product and marketing strategies to make sound business recommendations:
- Identify required data to be leveraged for the analysis, and use modelling techniques to forecast future cashflows
- Reflect differences in target population, product characteristics and marketing channels in the profitability analysis
- Proactively identify key value drivers and areas of commercial opportunities/improvement based on financial analysis
- Create reports to monitor difference between expected profitability and real outcome
- Develop frameworks to extract insight form data when limited data is available
- Be proficient at extracting and transforming data required for analysis, using tools such as SQL, Power BI
- Become a key team player in driving the business toward value maximizing initiatives
- Look for opportunities to improve segmentation, targeting, pricing, based on full profitability analysis by leveraging NPV models, risk models and Propensity models
- Financial degree or certification such as MBA/ CFA
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- A good knowledge of data analysis
- Previous experience/ willing to learn basic programming languages such as Visual Basic or SQL
- Strong academics and a track record of success in previous roles
- Strong written, verbal and presentational communication skills
- Collaborative and clear thinker linked with natural curiosity and a problem-solving mentality
- Demonstrate high standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer and Microsoft Office skills, including advanced level Excel.
- Financial services experience an advantage but not essential
Corporate Finance and Accounting