Experience: 3-5 YearsSector: Financial Accounting
Due to acquisition, expansion and growth, my client is looking to add a Group Finanical Reporting Accountant to their Group Finance team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing high quality financial information to internal and external stakeholders in compliance with group accounting policies and regulatory requirements. This role will form part of the Group Finance team and reports to the Group Finance Manager. It is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to excel. The successful candidate will be a confident peoples person who can fit into the organisation seamlessly and adopt a hands-on approach to their role.
- Adopt a hands-on approach to month end accounting including:
- Business partnering with non-finance department managers to review monthly actual vs budgeted performance.
- Analyse monthly financial information and investigate variances.
- Assist in preparation of monthly consolidated accounts.
- Assist in preparation of presentations for monthly Senior Management Meetings and Board Meetings.
- Review of reconciliations prepared by our share service partners.
- Monthly balance sheet review and reconciliations.
- Preparation of audit files and liaise with auditors.
- Preparation of statutory financial statements for group and subsidiaries in compliance with IFRS.
- Review technical standards to ensure compliance with IFRS.
- Prepare technical papers for new aspects of the business with recommendations on how to account for transactions.
- Accounting for group bank account portfolio.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Collaboration with IT department to develop / improve functionality.
- Aid in process improvement projects.
- Work together with the Mergers and Acquisitions department to ensure correct accounting treatment of new acquisition projects throughout the year and at reporting dates.
- Work with newly acquired companies or business units to align monthly accounting information to group requirements.
- Ad-hoc projects as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified ACA Accountant, Big 4/ Top 10 trained.
- Newly qualified to 1 year post qualification experience.
- Strong academics, Accounting related Degree or Masters.
- Experience working with an outsource provider preferred.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Experience in a PLC environment preferred.
- High proficiency in all Microsoft Office software also essential (Excel, PPT).
- Proven track record of delivering to tight deadlines.
- A strong focus on modern finance and achieving best practice.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and a positive solution focused mindset.
- Demonstrate strong analytical capability to interpret and challenge data and to interrogate financial systems.
- Has strong commercial acumen and a focus on delivering value to the business.
For more information, reach out directly to [email protected]APPLY NOW