Experience: 3-5 Years Years Sector: Business Analyst
My client is looking to hire an Internal Controls Accountant to join the Key Controls Testing team of their business. This role will suit an energetic and enthusiastic Accountant/ Auditor who is looking to further develop their career in an exciting and fast-paced environment.
The Key Controls Testing (KCT) team delivers a service to Business Managers and Process Owners, to test the operation of controls for key financial processes within the Group. The team provides assurance to the business that key controls are operating in line with identified and documented processes. The KCT team also identify opportunities for improvement in internal controls.
Reporting to the Governance Support & KCT Manager, key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering the KCT programme to best practice standards.
- Responsible for the assessment of control environment, evaluating the business process and understanding the controls, risks and exposures applicable.
- Reporting on whether key controls are operating and effective.
- Provide recommendations for improvement as appropriate.
- Providing assistance and advice in governance and compliance.
- Managing relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- Delivery of continuous improvement initiatives within the KCT team.
Qualifiications and Experience:
- A professional accounting qualification plus 2 years PQE or equivalent relevant work experience is essential.
- Governance related qualification or training is desirable.
- Excellent understanding of best practice Governance, Risk and Compliance.
- Strong auditing skills, ability to identify issues, root causes and corrective actions.
- Strong knowledge of ESB’s systems and processes.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
My client is leading the way in the transition to low carbon energy and so this will suit someone with energy experience or who is passionate about climate change and carbon neutrality.
For more information about this role, please contact [email protected]APPLY NOW