Experience: 3-5 Years Sector: Mergers and Acquisition
My client is a leading international telecoms organisation who is going through a period of rapid growth and expansion throughout Europe. Due to a number of recent acquisitions in Europe, they are looking to add an experienced M&A Analyst to their team in Paris.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an analyst to join an established team and add value from the start. You will be self motivated, eager to learn and progress in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
The M&A Team manage all stages of the due diligence and transaction process. They perform the transaction due diligence on the acquisitions of wireless telecommunications towers and other telecommunications infrastructure. They communicate and report on due diligence findings, support communications and work with external professional services teams including finance & accounting, legal and tax advisors.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Take ownership on the full cycle of the transaction from the Letter of Intent (LOI) through Integration
- Responsible for organizing and summarizing and reporting acquisition portfolios and due diligence findings to senior management, lenders, and investors
- Write and work on financial models for purposes of revenue and cash flow forecasting, balance sheet forecasting and preparing Indications of Value using Leveraged Buyout scenarios
- Collect preliminary due diligence, from seller/broker, and performs analysis of assets; coordinate with management to make additional requests from sellers
- Review financial and legal abstracts performed by customer and land leases to determine current rental rates, rights, terms, and eventually integrate them into the organisaiton’s billing and payment systems
- Review title abstracts, surveys, zoning law and other land rights documents to ensure clean chain of title in conjunction with the legal team
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis as needed on various leases and tower portfolios
- Lead and coordinate external contractor diligence on the towers on a periodic basis
- Prepare and present reports on due diligence findings to management on a wide variety of transactions
- Minimum 5-year college degree; preferably in Finance or Accounting
- 2 – 4 years of M&A or Transaction Services experience
- Tower and/or Real Estate industry experience highly preferred
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have strong Excel modeling and analytical skills
- Fluency in French and English (written and spoken)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite products (Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Self-motivated/self-managed with a high degree of financial analytical ability
- Strong project management skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, ability to multi-task under pressure with minimal supervision
- Effective in an entrepreneurial culture, working independently and as part of a team
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to establish and maintain working relationships with internal and external customers and the ability to work independently and take a proactive role.