Experience: 3-5 Years Years Sector: Financial Accounting
I am working with a well-recognised Irish Insurance client to help them hire a Financial Accountant to join their Financial Reporting team in Dublin. Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, you will be a key member of the Financial Reporting Team, with responsibility for the external financial reporting requirements of the Group.
- Support the Financial Reporting Manager in the execution of half-year and year-end reporting requirements
- Management of the production of the Annual Report using Workiva software tool and management of stakeholder relationships in the production of the report.
- Work closely with the IFRS 17 project team to ensure inclusion of new disclosure requirements
- Implement process improvements in the annual close, particularly around production of Annual Report.
- Responsibility for the maintenance of the tax requirements of the Group and manage the tax relationship with the external Tax Consultants.
- Participate in project work as assigned to optimise processes and focus on improvement in the financial reporting of the Group.
- Mentor, develop and supervise more junior members of the team.
Experience & Qualifications
- A qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years PQE
- A strong academic background with a relevant degree
- Experience in the production of IFRS financial statements
- Experience in the Insurance industry and knowledge of reporting requirements for a listed entity an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
This is a permanent, full time, hybrid role. The organisation offers an attractive rewards and benefits package including competitive salary and retirement benefits, performance bonus opportunity, development support, health and well-being benefits and personal insurance discounts.