Experience: 5-7 Years Years Sector: Industry Accounting
Reporting to the Finance Operations Manager, this role will be a blend of managing and delivering the Group/ statutory and subsidiary audit process, providing expertise on technical accounting matters as well managing internal relationships with key heads of business and senior stakeholders. You will gain excellent exposure to the commercial side of the business and play a key role in driving the group’s renewables agenda from a technical accounting perspective.
It is a diverse and challenging role requiring significant technical accounting competency and deep understanding of IFRS, proactively keeping up to date on accounting standard changes and business issues. It requires strong stakeholder management capabilities including the maintenance of relationships with the Accounting and Reporting Teams and monitoring of team progress against plan and drive performance as required. You will be able to read and understand complex commercial arrangements and advising on the technical accounting aspects of these arrangements.
This role requires the identification and analysis of complex technical accounting matters and advising the business on challenging and complex accounting issues arising from business transactions. The group’s renewable energy and emerging business strategy is driving a significant increase in the number of acquisitions and set up of SPVs and Joint Ventures, and disposals and divestments which will need technical accounting expertise.
The successful candidate will gain an appreciation of the overall financial issues facing the Group. The roles also requires a detailed understanding of the key financial issues in each of the group’s business units, involving a high level of interaction with senior financial and operational management.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Audit Manager/Senior Manager to move out of practice into industry or indeed for an experienced industry accountant working in a technical accoutning/ IFRS focussed role.
- Plan and manage the Group and Statutory Audit process.
- Co-ordinate technical accounting paper preparation and input into key Group financial transactions (e.g. acquisitions of entities with minority interests, disposals of development assets, complex commercial arrangements).
- Review of technical accounting papers.
- Manage outsourced advisors for Accounting and Advisory Services.
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders including External Auditors.
- Support Group Accounting Manager on technical issues/transactions including 1st level review of some more technical notes in the Group financial statements at year end and half year.
- Driving continuous improvement in the quality of the audit process.
- A recognised Accounting qualification with minimum 5 years PQE or equivalent relevant work experience
- Advanced technical accounting knowledge
- Strong knowledge of auditing practices and control practices
- The ability to comprehend complex business issues
- Ability to take initiative, develop solutions and drive through business improvements
- Strong commerical awareness and the ability to understand the tehcnical accounting implications of commercial contracts
- Strong attention to detail, strong organisation skills and strong sense of ownership
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
You may be interest in…
FP&A Manager – Contract – Dublin South
|€70000 - €75000||learn more|
AVP – Manage and Administer ABCP – Banking London
|£50000 - £55000||learn more|
Interim Financial Controller
|€80000 - €90000||learn more|
Interim Finance Manager
|€28000 - €30000||learn more|
Private Equity Consultant
|€60000 - €70000||learn more|