Experience: 5-7 YearsSector: Internal Audit
As this International bank grows across Europe, it is building out an experienced and professional Internal Audit team to support the business. Ultimately responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of Internal audit assignments, this Audit Manager is responsible for:
- Preparation of planning material to ensure that the internal controls covering the key risks are appropriately tested in order to provide reasonable assurance to the Board, Group Management, Entity Management and other stakeholders, including regulators, that an effective internal control environment exists.
- Overseeing the work performed for the audit assignments by other team members and providing guidance and support to team members as required.
- Directing testing to cover key areas of risk and determine the scope and focus in agreement with the Audit Partner of the review and share expertise in their area with other team members.
- Preparing draft Audit Control Recommendations for review by AD Management. The Audit findings must be factually accurate and clearly communicate the findings and recommendations.
- Preparing the final internal audit report. The report must clearly communicate areas of positive assurance as well as areas where improvement in the internal control environment is required.
- Undertaking follow-up and closure of internal audit recommendations. This process requires the validation of action taken by line Management for the closure of all High and Moderate Priority recommendations and the provision of assistant and guidance to Management.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Suitable candidates for this role include experience either in Internal or External Audit where strong knowledge of Banking/Capital Markets has been gained ideally under German Regulation.
- Educated to degree standard and holder of a professional qualification, (Usually CIA, ACCA etc) with strong numerical and financial skills and understanding of the regulatory environment.
- The ability to clearly communicate to senior Management both verbally and in writing audit issues and to gain the confidence and trust of Management in their relationship management role.
- A clear understanding of the risk and internal control environment relevant to the business being audited.
- Ability to become a trusted advisor to the business.
In return you will be offered the opportunity to join a highly professional team with a supportive and friendly team environment. A competitive salary package is on offer as is the opportunity to work in a hybrid capacity.APPLY NOW